Mark is employed in the boat repair/construction trade. He’s been racing sled dogs since 1976 and completed the Yukon Quest in 1988 and the Iditarod in 2005.
He’s won the Race to the Sky twice (2007 and 2009). He’s also run the Beargrease marathon multiple times dating back to 1991 and finished 3rd (his best finish) in 2001.
- Hometown: Riverside, Washington
- Occupation: Boat Repair/Construction
- Number of Years Racing: 41
- Number of Dogs: 20
- Breed Used: Alaskan Husky
- Lead Dogs: Elmly and Blaze