Clayton started mushing in 1998 with hounds to hunt lion and check trap line in the wilderness. In 2008 he switched to Alaskan Huskies. He lists his mushing highlight as receiving the Eagle Cap Extreme's "Best Cared for Team." His goal is to keep on loving dogs for 50 more years.
Perry says his most embarrassing dog moment was when his team went "off course" in downtown Jackson Hole, Wyoming running over a cameraman and through spectator's lawns and gardens.
- Hometown: Power, Montana
- Occupation: Home Center Owner/Civil Engineer
- Hobbies: Skiing, hunting, wilderness horse packing, and scuba diving
- Family: Wife & 3 Daughters (Shianne, Madison, and Alex)
- Number of Years Racing: 5 (2nd time to run the ECX)
- Kennel Name: TSA (Teton Snow Army)
- Number of Dogs: 28
- Breeds Used: Alaskan Husky
- Lead Dogs: Libby & Butte
- What’s Your Jam? Ted Nugent
- Sponsor: Teton Lumber Co