Connie got started mushing when her first Husky would pull her around on her roller blades. Her husband then bought her a sled dog ride with Perry Solmonson and she was hooked!
Her mushing highlight was winning the Best Kept Team from the Northwest Sled Dog Association for the 2013-2014 season. Her team is all rescues or re-homes. She is so proud of them!
The 62-year-old's goal for the future is to stay upright on the runners for as long as she can.
Connie's most embarrassing dog situation: "My dogs quit on me during a dry land race. That's when I came up my kennel name, Weeno Pullya. It's Native American for "lose some weight, lady!" I had to practically push the cart back."
- Hometown: Cle Elum, WA
- Occupation: semi-retired and dog sled tour guide
- Hobbies: hiking, reading, and scooping poop
- Family: Husband ~ Scott, 2 sons ~ Thor and Matt ~ and 3 grandchildren
- Number of Years Racing: 9
- Kennel Name: Weeno-Pullyu
- Number of Dogs: 7
- Breeds Used: Siberian Husky, Alaskan Husky
- Lead Dogs: Journey and Healer