Christina's interest in mushing started when she was just four years old, after watching the movie Balto. Then and there she decided she was going to run, and win, the Iditraod Trail Sled Dog Race. Her mom thought it was just a phase and that she would soon move on to something else. Her mom was definitely wrong! Christina was 13 years old before she was allowed to get her first dog, and her team has continued to grow!
The Iditarod is still a long term goal for Christina, but for now she has her sights on numerous 100 to 300 mile races in the US.
One of Christina's favorite quotes is by Bethany Hamilton: "Courage doesn't mean you don't get afraid. Courage means you don't let fear stop you."
- Hometown: Carlton, WA
- Occupation: Dog mushing
- Hobbies: Spending time with her team, photography (mostly of dogs), and reading
- Number of Years Racing: 3
- Kennel Name: Whiteout Racing Kennel
- Number of Dogs:10
- Breeds Used: Alaskan Husky
- Lead Dogs: Anyone but Robin Hood
- Sponsors: Head-lites Pet Products, Windigo Kennels and Outfitters, Winthrop Moutain Spourts, Product Research Gear, Earth & Sky, Cera Products, Inc., Night Runner Kennel, Carlton General Store, Four Winds Expeditions, Laura Daugerau, Sam Bowman, and Don Duncan