Mushing runs in Rex's family and he got started by helping his son Bryce. In fact, he's been told that mushing is contagious which seems to be the case in the Mumford family!
Perhaps as a handler would be Rex' most embarrassing dog situation. He had led a team to the start and one of the lead dogs on his son's team liked to leap over the other leader. Back and forth, back and forth, so Rex decided it would be a good idea to stand between them and stop the back and forth leaping. The only problem was he did not hear the count down over all the barking. When the dogs were released Rex was standing in the middle of the team and was mowed down. His son had to stop the team so he could crawl out!
- Hometown: Huntsville, UT
- Occupation: Farmer
- Family: Wife Debbie and 5 Children
- Hobbies: Climbing, Canyoneering, Rafting, Hunting
- Number of Years Racing: Rookie
- Kennel Name: Cub River Kennel
- Number of Dogs: 17
- Breed Used: Alaskan Huskies
- Lead Dogs: Silver and Gifr