Connie got started mushing when her first Husky would pull her around on her roller blades. Her husband then bought her a sled dog ride with Perry Solmonson and she was hooked!
Her mushing highlight was winning the Best Kept Team from the Northwest Sled Dog Association for the 2013-2014 season. Her team is all rescues or re-homes. She is so proud of them!
The 60 year old's goal for the future is to stay upright on the runners for as long as she can.
Connie's most embarrassing dog situation: "My dogs quit on me during a dry land race. That's when I came up my kennel name, Weeno Pullya. It's Native American for "lose some weight, lady!" I had to practically push the cart back."
- Hometown: Cle Elum, WA
- Occupation: semi-retired and dog sled tour guide
- Hobbies: hiking, reading, and scooping poop
- Family: Husband ~ Scott, 2 sons, and 2 grandchildren
- Number of Years Racing: 8
- Kennel Name: Weeno-Pullyu
- Number of Dogs: 7
- Breeds Used: Siberian Husky, Alaskan Husky
- Lead Dogs: Journey and Gidget