The Hassilev family stared mushing when they got a Chinook as a puppy to be a companion for their older mixed-breed dog. They attended a pull clinic at the Cascade Sled Dog Club and began a rapid and slippery slope into mushing.
David hopes to expand their small kennel and experience level in order to run longer distance races such as the Eagle Cap Extreme 100 and 200 mile races.
- Hometown: Priest River, ID
- Family: wife and handler~Jane, daugher ~ Michelle Thomas, and son ~ Zach
- Occupation: semi-retired IT professional, retired Coast Guard
- Hobbies: running dogs
- Number of Years Racing: 3
- Kennel Name: Hoodoo Valley Howlers
- Number of Dogs: 14
- Breeds Used: Alaska Huskies, Chinooks
- Lead Dogs: Alfalfa, Flyer, Maggie, and Galaxy
- Sponsors: Priest River Ace Hardware